Kathryn Dorton, PT, DPT
- Doctor of Physical Therapy: Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 2022
- Bachelor of Science: Biomedical Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2019
- Clinical Fellowship: Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, Manual Therapy Institute, San Marcos, TX, expected completion January 2025
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association
- Licensure: State of Texas
A little bit about Kathryn:
The mechanics and interworking of the human body has always been fascinating to me. I decided that physical therapy was what I wanted to do after working as a rehabilitation aid. Becoming a small part of the rehab journeys of the community around me has been so rewarding. I was also fortunate in seeing first-hand the lived experience of my parents as impactful rehab professionals, and it was pivotal for me.
What kind of education did you attain to become a Physical Therapist?
I began my formal education with a Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical science with a minor in psychology. I then went on to obtain my Doctorate in physical therapy through the Texas Tech University Health Science Center and have to enrolled in a manual therapy fellowship program as of January 2023.
What is your favorite part about being a Physical Therapist?
It is really rewarding to continue to learn how to help people return to something that is meaningful to them. Also, I enjoy teaming with people with the knowledge and ability to be proactive with the health and maintenance of their bodies. Every day I get to problem solve with people to create a better day-to-day.
What do you like to do in your free time?
I enjoy spending time with family, friends, my boyfriend, and Cashew (my cat) as well as exploring the city of Austin. Recently, I have started journeying to visit surrounding national and state parks.