Sara Bauman, PT, MSPT
- Master of Science: Physical Therapy, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 2007
- Bachelor of Arts: Psychology, Trinity University, San Antonio, TX, 2002
- Clinical Fellowship: Currently enrolled, Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, Manual Therapy Institute, Program completion expected in January 2024
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association, Texas Physical Therapy Association
- Licensure: State of Texas
- Clinic Location: Far West Boulevard
A Little Bit About Sara:
My father was an orthopedic surgeon, so I was exposed to the medical field, specifically orthopedics, at a very young age. As a child I began to understand the integral role physical therapists played in the recovery process from many of my father’s patients. As I have grown and aged, I have become more active and can personally appreciate the benefits of physical therapy in my own life. After receiving my undergraduate degree, I enrolled in the Physical Therapy program at Texas State University and graduated in 2007.
Over the past couple of years, I have found a renewed interest in outpatient orthopedics, specifically, manual therapy. I am currently in my second year of the Manual Therapy Institute’s Manual Therapy Fellowship program. The daily one-on-one interactions I get to share with my patients are my favorite part of being a physical therapist. I very much enjoy the problem-solving process and am in awe daily of how intricately the human body is constructed.
When I’m not seeing patients, I love to be active and spend time with my family. My husband and I both participate in triathlons, and I have been a long-distance runner for over 10 years. My favorite distance is the Half Ironman, which is comprised of 1.2 miles of swimming, 56 miles of cycling, and 13.1 miles of running, totaling 70.3 miles overall. I am a proud three-time finisher of the Full Ironman and have also completed 30 half marathons and 3 full marathons.