- Fellow: American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- DPT: Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 2014
- BS: Kinesiology, University of Texas, Austin, TX, 2008
- Clinical Fellowship: Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, Manual Therapy Institute, 2017
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association, Texas Physical Therapy Association
- Award: Member of the Texas Gymnastics team : 2005 NAIGC National Champions
- Licensure: State of Texas
HOW DID YOU DISCOVER THE BENEFITS OF PHYSICAL THERAPY?
My interest in Physical Therapy came from personal experience after sustaining a ruptured Achilles tendon while I was competing for the gymnastics team at the University of Texas at Austin. After a successful surgery, and a handful of Physical Therapy sessions, I was back to running, jumping, and eventually returned to tumbling again. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to regain function of my lower leg, all thanks to the hands-on skills and encouragement of my Physical Therapist.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION DID YOU ATTAIN TO BECOME A PHYSICAL THERAPIST?
After graduating with a B.S. in Kinesiology in 2008, I got a job as a Physical Therapy Technician at an Out-Patient Orthopedic Clinic. Being able to see first-hand the amazing progress patients were making made me realize that Physical Therapy was the perfect career choice for me. After working as a Physical Therapy Technician for 2 years, I applied for Physical Therapy School, and was accepted to Texas State University, where I received my Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2014.
My interest in Out-Patient Orthopedics, with an emphasis in Manual Therapy, started early on in Physical Therapy School. To further advance my education, I enrolled in a clinical fellowship program through the Manual Therapy Institute.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT BEING A PHYSICAL THERAPIST?
I am blessed to have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, my colleagues at Austin Manual Therapy Associates.
WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR FREE TIME?
When not helping patients get better, I like to spend my free time working out, promoting injury prevention for gymnasts, supporting the Texas Longhorns, and enjoying all of the food, sights and sounds of Austin!