Rolando Salinas, PT, DPT, FAAOMPT, Clinic Director - Far West
- Fellow: American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Doctor of Physical Therapy: Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 2016
- Bachelor of Science: Exercise & Sports Science, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 2013
- Clinical Fellowship: Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy, Manual Therapy Institute, Dallas, TX, 2020
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association, Texas Physical Therapy Association
- Licensure: State of Texas
- Clinic Location: Far West Boulevard
A Little Bit About Rolando:
I became passionate about physical therapy about 15 years ago when my younger brother went through hip surgery. My brother has Down Syndrome and is non-verbal, and I took notice of the patience, kindness, and compassion that the therapist showed him. I went on to pursue my bachelor’s degree in Exercise & Sports Science and becoming Doctor of Physical Therapy from Texas State University.
One of the biggest factors that intrigued me about becoming a Physical Therapist was that we have the opportunity to be lifelong learners, and continually hone our skills to further our understanding and knowledge. As a result, I completed the Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship through the Manual Therapy Institute in 2020.
My favorite aspect of this job is getting to be a part of my patients’ lives and helping them achieve their goals. When not helping patients get better, I really enjoy playing recreational sports like golf, soccer, and softball, spending time with my family, and exercising.